What is CBD? CBD (cannabidiol) is a chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. The CBD in most products is extracted from hemp, a variety of cannabis that has only 0.3% of THC (the psychoactive compound in cannabis that gets people high).
Should you try CBD oil? Without quality clinical studies on CBD oil for arthritis, doctors haven’t been able to say who might benefit from CBD oil, the right dosage, who probably won’t benefit, and who must avoid it. However, there is agreement on some points:
- CBD oil is not a substitute for disease-modifying treatment for inflammatory arthritis.
- People who are interested in trying CBD oil must talk to their doctor before trying CBD oil. Together, they will be able to review what has worked or not worked in the past, know if there are other options and schedule when to visit for a check-up to evaluate the results. Keep a diary about doses and symptoms to track effects.
- Quality CBD products may be expensive, especially when used for prolonged periods. To avoid wasting money, read some reviews about the CBD products you want to try or ask your friends who have already tried some CBD products to make sure that the products are really having a positive effect on symptoms.
What Causes Arthritis?
- Heredity. You’re more likely to develop this ailment if some of your family members have it.
- Age. The risks increase when you’re getting older.
- Joint injuries. Risks are also high if you had a joint injury in the past.
- Obesity. Carrying more weight will stress your joints, especially bones in the knees, spinal cord, and hips. This will increase your chance of getting arthritis.
- Gender: Statistically, it’s more possible for women to develop rheumatoid arthritiswhile men are prone to get gout.
Inflammation is a defense mechanism of the body. If you have sprained your ankle, you probably experienced some of the signs of inflammation such as swelling, redness, soreness, and pain. Inflammation happens when white blood cells cluster up at joint locations to act as a defense mechanism to protect the body from injury and infection while simultaneously promoting healing.
That’s how CBD oil can help and it has been known to reduce inflammation while boosting the healing process.